Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
i love fava beans, but it's very hard to find variations on how to serve them. i also love onions and garlic...so i put this recipe together and it was lovely.
- 1 lb shelled fava beans (broad beans)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch of dried hot pepper flakes
- blanch the fava beans in boiling water for just a minute or so, then pop the beans out of their skin.
- place in bowl and set aside.
- saute onions and garlic in the olive oil until golden brown.
- add the fava beans, diced tomato, and seasonings, and stir lightly to blend.
- cook over low heat just until the beans are hot and ready to serve.
- this makes a great appetizer served with a thin slice of good crusty bread.