From Home Cooking Magazine (November-December 2004)
Make and share this Fabulous Fat-free Pineapple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- CAKE: Beat egg whites and sugar until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Beat into wet ingredients.
- Add pineapple and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until it tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- FROSTING: Gradually whisk in confectioners’ sugar into cream cheese and vanilla.
- Frost cake with a knife, or by pouring it on if the frosting is thin.