1/2 Photos of Fabulous Fat-Free Fruit Sorbet
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is such a wonderful summertime treat! I have used all kinds of fruit combinations in this; use your imagination. Far richer and intense in flavour than anything you can buy, and yet it's almost all just healthy fruit. The fruits that work best have a fairly smooth fleshy texture; things like mangoes, muskmelons, peaches, apricots, and bananas. But also good are strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and the like. Seedy or watery fruits can be used, but it is best to use them mixed with something that has a smoother denser texture, and to use less of them. Cook time is tempering time, but prep time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups prepared fruit, pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 small lemon, juice of
- 1/2 small lime, juice of
Some suggested combinations
- 3 cups peaches
- 1 cup raspberries (add them late to retain some texture)
- 1Prepare the fruit by peeling, if necessary, and cutting it into chunks.
- 2Place on a plate or tray covered with plastic wrap.
- 3Make sure everything is as spread out as possible.
- 4Cover with more plastic wrap.
- 5Freeze overnight.
- 6Whiz the fruit through a food processor until very finely chopped.
- 7Add the sugar and lemon juice, adjusting either according to the sweetness and acidity levels of the fruit you are working with; if you use pineapple use orange juice or water instead of lemon or lime juice and add a little vanilla extract if it seems appropriate.
- 8Feel free to taste the mixture!
- 9Blend thoroughly, until very smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor regularly.
- 10This may take up to five minutes.
- 11Spoon into serving dishes or a covered storage tub and return to the freezer until dessert time.
- 12Put in the fridge to temper 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Fat-Free Fruit Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: