Recipe by Kid Chef Kaelin
I got this recipe from my grandma. I love to make this recipe when we have company. It's easy but they think I worked very hard on it.
Top Review by GaylaV
This is a real taste treat. I decreased the amount of cinnamon and was glad that I did. I had to use orange juice in place of the triple sec but I am sure the triple sec would be even better. We all enjoyed this and will be making it again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 day old plain croissants, cut in half length-wise
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and cream together, add triple sec, granulated sugar, orange zest and cinnamon and whisk together.
- Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Dip each croissant half in mixture, turning once.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat, add as many croissant halves that will fit and fry until golden brown, repeat with any remaining croissants.
- Put on plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar, I also like to add a slice or two of oranges to each plate.
- Syrup and butter is optional, I like it with both, but my mom eats it plain.
- Cooking time is approximate.