Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I like to top squares with Thank You cherries, fresh strawberries or crushed red raspberries with a little sugar to sweeten.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces chocolate wafer crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 3 -8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- To prepare CRUST:.
- Put package of cookies in food processor and pulse 6 times until cookies are all crushed.
- Put crushed wafer cookies in a bowl. add melted butter and confectioners' sugar and mix well.
- Put in a 13x9-inch Pyrex dish and press firmly until pan is covered to form crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until firm.cool.
- To prepare CHEESE FILLING:.
- Cream well, until smooth, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar.pour into shell.bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 1 hour.
- To prepare TOPPING:.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Pour on cheesecake.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until serving time.
- Top squares with desired choice of fruits.