Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This super moist bread gives you the best of both worlds. It's a great way eat a little healthier without sacraficing great taste. This bread is a little on the sweet side, but I feel that it complements the cranberry orange flavor perfectly. The whole wheat pastry flour is a softer grain of wheat & produces a lighter texture than regular whole wheat flour. I used Enova Oil which claims to be one of the healthier oils, but recipezaar didn't recognize that ingredient so I listed safflower oil which is very similar. (Enova is made with soybean oil which some are allergic to.)You may want to use slightly less than 1/3 cup oil. Orange peel is in the spice section. Best served warm - reheat leftovers in microwave 30 seconds.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran, unprocessed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 regular size bread pans.
- Thoroughly combine the flour, whole wheat pastry flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt & sugar in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the egg, milk, sour cream, oil, cranberry sauce, orange peel & orange extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients; mixing until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Pour into bread pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.