Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These chicken fajitas are healthy, easy to make and delicious! Chicken needs to marinate for 2 to 8 hours so plan ahead! You can also substitute one pound beef steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips across the grain or raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. This comes from Gooseberry Patch's Holidays at Home.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup onion, wedges thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, wedges thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- warmed flour tortilla
- sour cream
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken strips, cornstarch, lemon juice, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, oregano and optional liquid smoke flavoring. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours to marinate.
- In a skillet, heat oil until very hot, saute chicken until just cooked. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add green pepper and onion to skillet and continue cooking until crisp tender.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Add tomato and salsa and simmer one minute longer.
- Serve immediately in tortillas and top with additional salsa and sour cream if desired.
- Enjoy! :).