Prep 12 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very easy chicken dish that is just packed with flavor.
Make and share this Fabulous Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- In large dutch oven sauté bacon until brown.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, oregano, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add chicken to sauce, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.
Made this tonight and we quite enjoyed it. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe leave out the salt and add a bit of sugar. I like that it's quick and easy and I can still make it even if I don't have any peppers on hand. My two young daughters really liked it, too.
This was good. I left out the bacon and added a little red pepper. Next time maybe a bit more garlic or oregeno.