Recipe by MizzNezz
A very easy chicken dish that is just packed with flavor.
Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
Made this tonight and we quite enjoyed it. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe leave out the salt and add a bit of sugar. I like that it's quick and easy and I can still make it even if I don't have any peppers on hand. My two young daughters really liked it, too.
- 4 slices bacon, cut small
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven sauté bacon until brown.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, oregano, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- In another skillet, heat olive oil and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add chicken to sauce, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.