5 hrs 30 mins
Thumbing through my Mother's Recipe Box I discovered this recipe clipped from Southern Living, 1975. Cooking time include time to chill.
My Private Note
10" Che ...
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 pint sour cream
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Prepare Graham Cracker Crust (**See Recipe below).
- 3Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; beat until smooth and creamy.
- 4Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- 5Add eggs, and beat until well combined.
- 6Add cornstarch, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla; blend well.
- 7Add butter and sour cream, beating until smooth.
- 8Pour filling into prepared pan; bake for 70 minutes, or until firm around edges.
- 9Turn off oven; all cheesecake to stand in oven 2 hours.
- 10Remove from oven; cool completely.
- 11Remove from pan; chill.
- 12Top with Blueberry Glaze (***recipe follows)
- 13**To Make Graham Cracker Crust:.
- 14Combine all ingredients, press into bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- 15***To Make Blueberry Glaze:.
- 16Combine sugar and cornstarch ina small saucepan; blend thoroughly.
- 17Gradually stir in water.
- 18Crush 1/2 cup blueberries; add to sugar mixture.
- 19Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- 20Continue to boil about 2 minutes or until mixture is clear.
- 22Arrange remaining blueberries over top of chilled cheesecake.
- 23Pour cooled glaze over berried.
- 24(Makes 1 1/3 cups).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Cheesecake With Blueberry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.4
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 547.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 61.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g