Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Thumbing through my Mother's Recipe Box I discovered this recipe clipped from Southern Living, 1975. Cooking time include time to chill.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 pint sour cream
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare Graham Cracker Crust (**See Recipe below).
- Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, and beat until well combined.
- Add cornstarch, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla; blend well.
- Add butter and sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pan; bake for 70 minutes, or until firm around edges.
- Turn off oven; all cheesecake to stand in oven 2 hours.
- Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Remove from pan; chill.
- Top with Blueberry Glaze (***recipe follows)
- **To Make Graham Cracker Crust:.
- Combine all ingredients, press into bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- ***To Make Blueberry Glaze:.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch ina small saucepan; blend thoroughly.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Crush 1/2 cup blueberries; add to sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Continue to boil about 2 minutes or until mixture is clear.
- Arrange remaining blueberries over top of chilled cheesecake.
- Pour cooled glaze over berried.
- (Makes 1 1/3 cups).
Everyone loved it! Kids, adults, my blueberry-loving husband. I did strain the glaze, though. Great recipe....thanks for sharing it.
Thanks Bev...this was a great recipe. My 11 year old loves cheesecake and this was her favorite. The blueberry sauce was wonderful as she likes whole berries included with the glaze. Thank you from a grateful mom 9and daughter) Sophronia2007