Recipe by Marie
Throw away all your old banana bread recipes. Once you make this, it will be your favorite. Tastes even better the day after baking.
Top Review by MakeMineCadburys
You are SO right - I'm throwing away all my other banana bread recipes!!!!! This bread is very moist! It really IS better the next day!! Make SURE you're using a FULL size bundt pan or this WILL overflow (voice of experience! LOL!) My changes: Instead of 6 T buttermilk I used 6 T water + 3 T instant buttermilk powder Added 1 tsp vanilla extract Added 1 tsp almond extract Omitted the nuts (personal preference)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas (about 5 small)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixer bowl and blend well, but do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Place on wire rack and let stand in pan until almost cool.
- Loosen bread from sides with a knife and invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.