Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from the back of a Nestle cocoa can. I've been making these for years, and they're always a hit. The batter is pretty thick, which makes them very fudgy. The original recipe included frosting, but I think it makes them too rich. If you have a strong sweet tooth, you might like them with the frosting. The frosting recipe is posted separately. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together sugar, butter, and water. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture. Beat in completely.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa, nuts) in a separate bowl until evenly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the 9x13 pan and spread well. Bake 18-25 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Easy and delicious. Cooked exactly 18 minutes. Made for PAC Spring 2013.