Recipe by SAHMchef
I saw this recipe on T.V. somewhere several years ago, and I've been making it ever since. I get lazy and don't bother to broil the grapefrut any more, but it still tastes great! Even my 3-yr. old now eats grapefruit this way.
Top Review by Hadice
I've never been a fan of grapefruit, but I received a basket full of them as a gift. This recipe is by far the best way to eat grapefruit. I added a little pinch of cinnamon to each half. Yum! I strongly suggest cutting sections prior to broiling. Otherwise, you have a very sticky mess on your hands!
- Cut grapefruit in half (midway between the stem-end and the dot on the opposite end).
- Sprinkle brown sugar over grapefruit sections, using more or less as desired.
- Grapefruit can be eaten as is, or broiled.
- To broil, put halves sugar-side up on a cookie sheet in the oven and set oven on broil for a few minutes.
- The brown sugar should melt and start to get crispy.
- Eat immediately by spooning out the half-sections of grapefruit.