Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups flour
- in bowl stir together 1/2 cup warm water, 1tbsp.
- sugar, 1/4 cup flour and yeast.
- Let stand about 5 minutes Measure oats, 4 1/2 cups warm water, whole wheat flour, salt, 2/3 cup sugar, and 2/3 cup oil into bowl with the yeast.
- Mix and gradually add more flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces.
- Shape loaves and place in 6 pans.
- Let rise until ready.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Excellent, made this to go with homemade mushroom soup. I added more wheat flour than called for and less white. Mixed it in my bosh and divided it into 4 instead of 6. Fantastic, this is a keeper.