Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My family thinks this is fabulous, and that is all that matters. Made in the slow cooker.
- 680.38 g stew meat
- 35.43 g packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 7.39 ml beef bouillon granules
- 3-4 potatoes, cubed
- 4-5 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml cornstarch, mixed with water below
- 59.14 ml cold water
- Put all ingredients except cornstarch in a slow cooker on low heat for 6-8-10 hours.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with water.
- Turn heat to high and stir until thickened.
OMG!!! This stew is so yummy and was perfect for the cold, harsh weather we have been having. Very easy. I just put all the ingredients in the crock. I used a 28 oz. can of tomatoes and that was just right. Cooked all day. The meat was so tender and well seasoned. No other beef stew for us from now on. This is the one. Thanks Nurse Di.
i love your recipes. this is another winner. my family liked it so much that i had to quadruple it today so there would be enough for seconds!! the house smelled wonderful. i used lots and lots of carrots, an onion, 4 or 5 celery, 2 envelopes of onion soup, 4 14oz. cans of stewed or cut up tomatos plus 6# of stew meat and the seasonings in your recipe. i ran out of room for potatos. this will be the only beef stew recipe i use from now on. thank you!!
A truly great stew and will be a regular in our house. I did add an onion and about 2 tbl. of Kitchen Bouquet. Thanks NurseDi for sharing.