Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my brother's all time favorite dessert.The pudding is homemade and so smooth and delicious.
- 1⁄2 box vanilla wafer (reserve 5 wafers for top)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Cover bottom of 11x7 pan with the cookies.
- In med saucepan, mix flour, sugar, egg yolks and milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Cool for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Slice bananas on top of cookies.
- Spread filling over bananas.
- Whip cream until stiff, add sugar and whip until mixed.
- Spoon over filling.
- Finely crush 5 vanilla wafers and sprinkle on top.
simplicity at its best. This was almost a no cook dessert and it was fabulous. Made this in the am and served it at home after a terrific dinner in a restaurant! Really nice to get home stuffed, change into comfortable clothes, grab a coffee and enjoy this dessert to top the evening off. Thanks again Inez
Very easy to make. Very tasty. I followed recipe exactly and it was eaten quickly.
This is the old fashioned banana pudding that so many people taste, fall in love,and assume it is extremely hard to make. It's easy to make, and a way to make everybody think you got skills in the kitchen.