- 1 large brie round
- 3 -4 large apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm or Gainsborough)
- 1 egg yolk, for egg wash
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix last 5 ingredients and spread on brie.
- Wrap brie in either puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm or Gainsborough) or your own pastry.
- Place on cookie sheet, brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Variations: The filling can be changed from apple& raisin to mushroom& garlic or winter pesto.