Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
This beef stew is fabulous and delicious. Everyone in my family loves it. I hope you do too. It cooks for 5 1/2 hrs. so you can put it in the oven and go on about your day. You don't have to check it or stir it while its cooking.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1 inch squares
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 celery ribs, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, diced a little bigger than normal
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 bay leaf (optional, take out when stew is done)
- In a 3 quart baking dish coated with Pam cooking spray, combine tomatoes, tomato juice, water, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper. =Then add all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and bake on 250 for 5 1/2 hours Remove bay leaf.