Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on Yahoo Shine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh cracked pepper
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Place all the above ingredients, except parsley, marinara, and olive oil, in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly by hand until they are completely combined and the mixture is uniformly firm.
- Coat your hands in olive oil, and using your hands form into balls slightly larger than a golf ball.
- Drop the meatballs into the marinara sauce and add some water so that the sauce can reduce and simmer. Let cook for about 10 minutes on one side.
- Turn them over, add some more water and cook for another 10 minutes, covering in the sauce with a spoon as they simmer.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, salt and pepper, more shaved parmegiano reggiano and a drizzle of olive oil.