Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious vegetarian soup. Easy to make. If you don't have sweet potatoes you can sub carrots or squash such as acorn or butternut. You can also sub frozen beans.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups peeled chopped sweet potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans
- Heat oil and add onion, garlic and sweet potatoes.
- saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, bay leaf, spices and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, green beans and chick peas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.