Recipe by DebbyS
I found this recipe in my mother's old recipe box, dug out when my sister mentioned getting a bushel of apples and wanting to make it. "Fab" actually is my grandmother's name, short for "Fabiola." Memories of cool fall days come with just thinking about it!
- 5 -6 cups sliced pared apples
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar (depending on tartness of apples)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup melted cooled butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in greased 6" x 10" baking dish.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg together with fork until crumbly and sprinkle over the apples.
- Pour the butter (or margerine) over all.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes in 350° oven. Serve warm with cream.