Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great healthy and wholesome pizzas to make for dinner or snack. Eat warm or cold. Play around with the recipe for own personal taste or to limit prep time. You can use your favorite pasta or pizza sauce instead of making your own and/or add or take away ingredients like veggies and meats to fit your mood for the day.
- 10 slices sprouted wheat bread
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato puree
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach (stems removed)
- goat cheese (or both) or fresh mozzarella cheese (or both)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- dried basil
- dried italian seasoning mix, mixture
- garlic powder
- Roast garlic on large baking sheet with sea salt and olive oil for 20 mins at 300 degrees F.
- On the stove top put tomato puree in saucepan and add a couple teaspoons of sea salt and garlic powder, then add a couple tablespoons of basil. Add crushed red pepper to taste for a spicier sauce. Let simmer.
- When garlic is roasted remove cloves from sheet and sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning mixture onto the pan and garlic oil. Spread the oil across the sheet to coat it evenly. This will create a nice seasoned crust.
- Place Ezekiel bread slices onto sheet snugly next to each other. For Extra space in the middle of the sheet break slices in half to use that space for half slices.
- Take tomato sauce and place 2 tablespoons on each bread slice and one on each half slice. Spread the sauce over the slice. If using fresh mozzarella, place that on top of the sauce first. If just using goat cheese, place the fresh spinach on top of the sauce first. Then, crumble goat cheese atop of the spinach and place the roasted garlic gloves on each slice.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350°F.
I am a pizza fanatic and haven't found anything that was tasty without the carb spike. This will be my go to pizza when I am having cravings. I followed the directions as stated except for the toppings. After the pizza sauce I covered each slice with Boar's head turkey pepperoni, then I added low fat shredded mozzarella, then cooked crumbled chicken sausage, green peppers and onions. The hubby liked it too. It was even good the next day cold. Thanks!
Very good pizza for being healthy. I have done the flat out pizza before however this one has less chemicals and less words you can't pronounce. I will be making this one again.
I make this pizza often. The crust is exceptionally flavorful exactly how the recipe states. I think the crust is what makes this pizza so yummy. It's hard not to indulge. I use the 7 sprouted grain bread that's in a red bag. I use my own homemade pizza sauce or a jar and it always comes out delicious. I change up the toppings or do an assortment.