Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for outdoor events, easy for kids! It's eaten right out of the Frito package with a plastic spoon.
- 6 (1 1/4 ounce) bags Fritos corn chips
- 4 1⁄2 cups chili, prepared
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 12 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 6 plastic spoons
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 6 tablespoons onions, finely minced (optional)
- yellow mustard (optional)
- Crunch the pack of Fritos. You don't want them in crumbs, but you want them broken up a bit. Slice open the side of the package.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of chili.
- Sprinkle some shredded lettuce on top of the chili.
- Sprinkle some diced tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Squeeze in a hearty squirt of yellow mustard, if desired.
- Sprinkle onions on top, if desired.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream, if desired.
- Top it all with cheese.
- Grab a plastic spoon and stick it in the middle, and you're ready to enjoy a genuine Frito Pie.
I made this vegan using Bocca Crumbles in the chili instead of the beef.I used soy cheese and soy sour cream! It was really good!
Great! This really reminded me of when I used to live in Texas where these were very popular. Thanks for sharing this quick and fun treat. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Today DD#1, the nurse, made this for herself and me. I can only hope she'll make this for us tomorrow as well. I like that she does home visits. *PAC Spring 2013*