Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Every time I try another stuffed mushroom recipe, I return to this one because of its different and delicious taste and ease in making. My family jokes when I return to my old stand-by saying, "These are the bestest!" I've been making them for 25 years now (since I was 3 -- ha-ha!)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces brown and serve sausages, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towel to clean.
- Cut off dry end of stems, Slice off remaining stem, dice finely and put aside.
- Put a few sausages in blender at a time and blend until chopped.
- Mix chopped sausages, stems and cheese together then stuff into whole mushroom caps.
- Place cap side down on cookie sheet, drizzle with melted butter, and bake at 350 dg. for 20 minutes.
My blender is out of commission at the moment so I simply minced the sausages really fine. I use maple-flavored sausages. The result is a real treat for sausage lovers like me.