Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I concocted this recipe one day when I had a chicken and felt like doing something with my recently discovered taste for curry. My intention was to use it warm as a sauce for the chicken. A day or two later, my brother told me he had used the leftover sauce right from the refrigerator it in a sandwich - as the filling! I guess anything is possible. He loved it. By the way, when I realized I didn't have any yogurt, I used sour cream. Either would work.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Heat the oil and stir in sliced onion, about 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the curry, and stir another minute or so.
- Add the yogurt or sour cream.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in drained diced tomatoes, simmer 5 minutes.