Good for using leftover chicken and/or rice. This is super easy and you probably already have the ingredients on hand! Quick meal for a small family. Can be doubled for a larger one. Your kids will even like this one! My picky husband, who will not eat any casseroles or items he knows has cream of anything in it, even likes this.
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups Minute Rice, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom soup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's house seasoning, divided (Paula Deen's House Seasoning Mix)
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute chicken seasoned with 1/2 tbsp of house seasoning in olive oil for a few minutes until brown and let cool slightly.
- Mix chicken, remaining house seasoning and other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour into an 8x8 Pyrex dish and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Serve this with SmHerndon's Easy Does It Rolls (#121562) and a green salad with italian dressing for a 30 minute meal. This is easily suited to your tastes by changing the veggies or even the meat.
Before I get on with my review, I have to say " That I'm pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe. :) I made this on 10/14/11 for mine and SO's dinner and most importantly for the 2011 Fall PAC Event.This recipe was made with a few changes that I don't think affected the finished dish. They are as follows,Instead of making Paula Deen's House Seasoning Mix I just sprinkled S & P,and garlic powder over the chicken as it was browning.And instead of using frozen peas and carrots,I used some leftovers of the same veggies.After mixing the remaining ingredients together, I just added S & P and garlic powder to taste.Then it was baked for 25 minutes. The taste was pretty good and will be a repeat. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "