Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
While the ingredients are pretty easy, you can make the assembly easier by simply folding the won ton wrappers in half. This is a lot quicker than the typical fold and allows you to fry it with very little oil.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesmall wonton wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, shredded and chopped
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat vegetable oil to 360 degrees in large skillet or deep fryer.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and wonton wrappers.
- Drop approximately 1 tsp of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the won ton wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wrapper with a little water (a beaten egg yolk works too)and fold wrapper over mixture to form a triangle, pressing edges together to seal.
- If not frying immediately, cover prepared won tons with a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
- Add won tons to hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Turn over and cook other side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.