It doesn't get an easier than this. These cookies are EZ to make w/the kids, quick, moist and chewy.
- 1 cup butter, softened margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground saigon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven @ 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, puree butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt,cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cloves; add pureed mixture slowly.
- Add oats; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 1-2hours.
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with butter flavored canola cooking spray; you will only have to do this once if using non-stick baking sheets.
- Spoon dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8-9minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to wire racks for cooling.