Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was found in my mom's recipe box. This layered dessert isn't easy to categorize, but I guess it's a cake. Have fun eating it!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 dg.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 10" tube pan or spray with Pam.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, water and eggs. Blend and beat as directed on package. Pour about half of batter into prepared pan.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spoon over batter in pan without touching sides of pan.
- Spoon 1 C cherry pie filling over cream cheese mixture, also being careful not to touch pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 dg. for 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15-20 minutes. Loosen cake by running knife around edges of pan and center "spindle" and remove from pan onto serving plate.
- Serve with remaining cherries spread over top of cake, or in quantity to your liking.
- Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.