Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Short on time and ingredients, I whipped this together with what I had on hand. It beats Hamburger Helper hands down, even my picky teen had seconds! Didn't think to take a picture until the pan was empty!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- chili powder (optional)
- cumin seed (optional)
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- Brown hamburger, onion, garlic and green pepper in medium (10") skillet; drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning and soup; stir well.
- Serve over elbow mac.
This was just ok for us. Not bad, but I probably won't make it again. I think I was expecting it to be cheesier than it was.
This was very good. I had to give it 5 stars because even my 10 month old daughter loved it. Thanks for posting.
I love it! This was easy. It was not salty but I cook with salt. I generally steer away from "helper" boxes, thanks for the idea.