Recipe by Mareesme
A tasty tuna spread made in a jello mold and perfect as a party appetizer. When I really want to dress it up, I chill spread in a fish mold then unmold and decorate with an olive slice for his eye, thinly-sliced radishes for the gills, and a cute green pepper smile! (I prefer using white albacore tuna in water, but any kind of drained canned tuna will do.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, bring soup to boil and add cubed cream cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth,.
- Dilute gelatin with water. Stir into soup mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingrediemts and pour into mold that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- Invert mold on serving platter. (If it does not come out right away, run knife around edge of mold to help loosen, or run warm water around bottom of mold a few seconds).
- Serve with crackers and enjoy. (Leftovers keep for quite awhile if refrigerated.).