Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A tasty tuna spread made in a jello mold and perfect as a party appetizer. When I really want to dress it up, I chill spread in a fish mold then unmold and decorate with an olive slice for his eye, thinly-sliced radishes for the gills, and a cute green pepper smile! (I prefer using white albacore tuna in water, but any kind of drained canned tuna will do.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- In saucepan, bring soup to boil and add cubed cream cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth,.
- Dilute gelatin with water. Stir into soup mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingrediemts and pour into mold that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- Invert mold on serving platter. (If it does not come out right away, run knife around edge of mold to help loosen, or run warm water around bottom of mold a few seconds).
- Serve with crackers and enjoy. (Leftovers keep for quite awhile if refrigerated.).
Similar to some others but by far the best I've tasted. Ingredients do not justify tastiness of this appetizer, and as always, loved the easiness of preparation.