1/1 Photo of EZ Baked Frito Pie
Mark H.'s Note:
This is great for times when you don't want to cook, but still want a hot meal. My Dad has always made it, and over the years I have tweaked his recipe a bit. It is very easy to make, takes very little time, and the leftovers are great. It is a meal in itself, though I sometimes enjoy it with a couple of warm flour tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Heat the canned chili and any optional ingredients on the stove.
- 2Spread a thin layer of Fritos along the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- 3Pour about half of the heated chili evenly over the bottom layer of Fritos.
- 4Completely cover the chili layer with a thicker layer of Fritos.
- 5Sprinkle about half the shredded cheese atop the Fritos.
- 6Pour the remainder of the chili atop the Frito/cheese layer.
- 7Completely cover the top chili layer with another thick layer of Fritos, then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- 8Bake in 350 oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly around edges and top cheese is melted.
- 9Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for EZ Baked Frito Pie
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 818.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos corn chips