Recipe by BecR
A very tasty stir-fry for busy week-nights, or anytime. Quick and easy to prepare, and the sauce is so yummy! Serve over rice or chow mein noodles. From Louis Rich. Note: You can easily substitute chicken, shrimp, or leftover pork or beef (or a combination) for the fresh turkey breast. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs fresh turkey breast, slices (1 Louis Rich pkg.)
- 1 bunch bok choy (1 lb.)
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (2 oz.)
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I used the low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken or turkey into 1/4-inch strips. Slice bok choy,mushrooms and onions.
- Heat oil in wok or Dutch oven on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Add turkey. Stir fry 3-5 minutes until turkey turns white and begins to brown; remove to plate.
- Add vegetables to wok. Stir fry 4-5 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Add turkey. Heat 2-3 minutes more stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
- 6 servings.