Made this up with on-hand ingredients. Served with a quality Italan bread. Hubby loved and requested I write down to make again. He said leftovers were even better.
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Itailian Essence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, unsalted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste with basil garlic and oregano
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown meat.
- Add all spices and simmer an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste and stir thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and heat through.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and remaining wine!
The sauce has an amazing taste with the red wine. The seasoning are perfect. Usually my son don't always like meat sauce but this one he likes it. This is a recipe I will do often. Thanks Maureen :) Made for PAC Spring 2013