Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great halloween cookies
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 0.5 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups (Reese's)
- red food coloring
- Have a large baking sheet ready.
- Knead flour into dough until well blended.
- Remove 1/4 tsp dough, roll into 12 tiny balls; reserve.
- Roll remaining dough into an even 12-in. log.
- Cut in twelve 1-in. pieces.
- Place pieces cut side up.
- Insert your thumb in center of each and make an indentation large enough to hold a peanut butter cup; insert cup.
- Roll dough between palms of your hands to rise up and around sides of cup.
- Put a tiny ball in center of cup.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Put a few drops red food color into a small cup. ip in end of toothpick; draw veins from center to edge of each cookie.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes to firm dough.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 350°F
- Bake cookies 12 min or until pale golden around edges.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.