Recipe by JPsBarbie
A simple and tastey eye round roast with a wine and mushroom au jus. The roast can be served as a main course with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots and peas or as French Dip sandwiches for the game buffet table.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This roast had wonderful flavor and texture, however I found it to be a little dry. The wine and au jus gravy add a new twist to making a roast. To make again I will reduce the bake time to 2 hours. Made for Spring 2011 PAC!
- 3 lbs beef eye round
- 1 ounce au jus mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 T olive oil in pan. Pat roast dry and rub with about 1 T olive oil. Sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper, as much or as little as you like.
- Place roast in pan and brown on all sides. Transfer to 9x13 sprayed baking pan.
- Deglaze pan with wine and water making sure to scrape up all the brown bits. Turn pan off and add mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and packet of au jus.
- Pour over roast and cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 2 1/2 hours or until done to your liking.