Recipe by Sandylee
This is a juicy, fall apart tender roast. The secret is in the baking, tightly covered and slow cooked with moist heat. Can be made a day ahead, and just reheat for 30-45 minutes with the same excellent results.
Top Review by Weeezer0421
Very good, although I followed the recipe exactly with a 4 pound roast it was a bit dry, we all enjoyed it anyhow. Next time I will cook for a little less time. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) eye of round roast
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix (Knorrs Classic Brown Gravy Mix)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in a lightly greased Dutch oven, and top with a mound of sliced onions.
- Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the roast, covering all.
- Before placing lid on Dutch oven, cover with a double layer of aluminum foil, molding to pot. Place lid on top.
- Bake, tightly covered, at 325 degrees for 3 hours and 30 minutes or until tender. Slowly cooked with moist heat is going to make this roast delicious.
- After baking, cool roast completely, remove from Dutch oven, reserving the gravy.
- Cut roast into slices, about 1/4 inch thick, and arrange in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. I use an electric knife for perfect slices. Pour gravy over sliced meat covering all, cover and refrigerate (up to 3 days).
- To Reheat: Bake tightly covered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until thouroughly heated.