3 hrs 15 mins
This is a juicy, fall apart tender roast. The secret is in the baking, tightly covered and slow cooked with moist heat. Can be made a day ahead, and just reheat for 30-45 minutes with the same excellent results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place roast in a lightly greased Dutch oven, and top with a mound of sliced onions.
- 2Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the roast, covering all.
- 3Before placing lid on Dutch oven, cover with a double layer of aluminum foil, molding to pot. Place lid on top.
- 4Bake, tightly covered, at 325 degrees for 3 hours and 30 minutes or until tender. Slowly cooked with moist heat is going to make this roast delicious.
- 5After baking, cool roast completely, remove from Dutch oven, reserving the gravy.
- 6Cut roast into slices, about 1/4 inch thick, and arrange in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. I use an electric knife for perfect slices. Pour gravy over sliced meat covering all, cover and refrigerate (up to 3 days).
- 7To Reheat: Bake tightly covered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until thouroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eye of Round Roast
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.3 mg
- Sodium 746.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 50.4 g