Recipe by MsBeginner
SO, after perusing the numerous pepper steak recipes on Zaar, I decided to post my own. It's definitely a work in progress, but I think simplicity is sometimes the key. It's very nice to have homemade everything, but sometimes you just want to know how to quickly and successfully make a dish, so hopefully this recipe is for you!
- 1 lb steak, thinly sliced (top round is a good steak to use, but any steak you can slice thin will work)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy (I use Heinz Homestyle)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add garlic and saute, making sure to not allow garlic to burn.
- Add onion and green pepper and stir constantly, cooking about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in gravy and soy sauce and reduce heat, cooking about 2 minutes.
- Add beef and pepper, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add bean sprouts and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.