This pie is a lot of work to do properly but if you take the time the results are fantastic. One person has told me that this pie is 'stab an old man in the throat good'. I give him a piece whenever I make this so he doesn't go assaulting the elderly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter (chilled)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
Whipped Cream and Chocolate Topping
- 2Make crumbs out of the graham crackers (about 12- 15 crackers) by covering them with plastic wrap and rolling over them with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
- 3Mix crackers, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl with a mixer on low speed, hands or a fork, until you have a constancy of course meal.
- 4Press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- 5Bake at 375°F for 8- 10 minutes.
- 7With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until you get a light airy texture.
- 8(You will get best results if you use paddle attachments on the mixer. Regular beaters are fine but if you use this, stop occasionally and clean out the butter/sugar mixture with a rubber spatula as the blades can become clogged.) Do not over cream the butter.
- 9If the butter starts to break down and separate, rechill for 5- 15 minutes.
- 10Add the cooled chocolate and measured vanilla.
- 11One at a time add eggs.
- 12With your electric mixer beat a minimum of 5 minutes for each egg before adding the next and after the last egg the mixture should be VERY smooth.
- 13Move the mixture into the graham cracker pie crust.
- 15Whip cream until it starts to stiffen.
- 16Add the vanilla and sugar and beat until peaks form and hold.
- 17Top the pie with the whipped cream.
- 18Drizzle the chocolate syrup on top of the pie in a random pattern.
- 19Grate the unsweetened chocolate on top of the pie.
- 21Chill the pie for 3- 24 hours.
- 22The toppings can be added after chilling if preferred (chill time is listed as cook time).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extremely Rich French Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.0
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 228.1 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g