Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so very low fat and no one can tell. This is definitely company worthy. The tarragon adds an amazing buttery flavor and the side dish is great for low fat and low carb dieters alike. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces orange roughy fillets, skinned and boned
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 large zucchini
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesof sliced white mushrooms, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- For the Fish:.
- Put all ingredients for the fish inside of a plastic bag and let it marinate for about 30 minutes. Preheat broiler, preferably about 475°F.
- For the Side:.
- Cut off the bottom of the zucchini to leave a stable base. Slice the zucchini with a vegetable peeler and slice it into paper-thin ribbons, length wise. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat sprayed with cooking-spray.
- Add the garlic, onion, and salt to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms and all of the spices; including additional salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan and scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. 10 minutes in, taste the broth and adjust the seasonings. Stop simmering after it has reduced a little bit and gotten some color. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- BACK TO THE FISH:.
- Remove from marinade but try to reserve some of the spices from the marinade and put it on top of the fish (especially the tarragon).
- Put on a broiling rack or a piece of tinfoil with ridges. Broil on one side until it is just able to be flake with a fork (about 3 minutes, depending on how hot your broiler is). Remove and serve 1/4 of the side dish on the plate. Place the fish on top. Season with a tiny bit of salt and pepper to taste.