Katie #7's Note:
This is so very low fat and no one can tell. This is definitely company worthy. The tarragon adds an amazing buttery flavor and the side dish is great for low fat and low carb dieters alike. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces orange roughy fillets, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini or 2 large zucchini
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of sliced white mushrooms, about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1For the Fish:.
- 2Put all ingredients for the fish inside of a plastic bag and let it marinate for about 30 minutes. Preheat broiler, preferably about 475°F.
- 3For the Side:.
- 4Cut off the bottom of the zucchini to leave a stable base. Slice the zucchini with a vegetable peeler and slice it into paper-thin ribbons, length wise. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat sprayed with cooking-spray.
- 5Add the garlic, onion, and salt to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the zucchini, mushrooms and all of the spices; including additional salt and pepper.
- 7Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 8Add tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes longer.
- 9Add wine to deglaze the pan and scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 10Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. 10 minutes in, taste the broth and adjust the seasonings. Stop simmering after it has reduced a little bit and gotten some color. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- 11BACK TO THE FISH:.
- 12Remove from marinade but try to reserve some of the spices from the marinade and put it on top of the fish (especially the tarragon).
- 13Put on a broiling rack or a piece of tinfoil with ridges. Broil on one side until it is just able to be flake with a fork (about 3 minutes, depending on how hot your broiler is). Remove and serve 1/4 of the side dish on the plate. Place the fish on top. Season with a tiny bit of salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extremely Low Fat Delicate Fish With Zucchini Ribons
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper