Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a BJ's tropical frozen fruit bag. This can be made with milk for a creamy smoothie or juice for a regular smoothie. I have also tried this with frozen strawberries (this is when I needed the additional sugar), and it works very well.
- 1 cup frozen fruit, any variety, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup fruit juice
- sugar or artificial sweetener, to taste
- Combine fruit and milk (or juice) in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add sugar, if neccesary, and blend again.
- Serve immediately.
Very nice basic smoothie. I did have to double the milk in order to get an actual pouring consistency. But I did not thaw my fruit at all so perhaps if I did it would be better. I used a berry blend mix which was lovely with the skim milk. Thanks!