Recipe by JanetB-KY
This is a very easy fudge recipe. No hours of cooking and stirring. It is creamy, great for a chocolate fix and I have yet to find anyone who doesn't enjoy the creamy chocolate richness.
Top Review by vitalev
I'm ashamed to say that between my roommates and I, this did not last long enough to be photographed (some did not even make it to the fridge). I made two half-batches: one as directed with semisweet chips and orange, and a second with white chocolate chips and almond extract. Both were PHENOMENAL. I've never made fudge before, but I can't imagine anything easier or tastier than this!
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter (don't use margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil, extending it over the edges. Lightly grease the foil.
- Mix the sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, milk and chocolate chips; heat until butter and chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in extracts, sugar/cocoa mixture and nuts if using.
- Pour into foil lined pan and chill for at least one hour; use foil to lift fudge out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Variations- use any other flavor of chips, omitting the orange extract; other steps remain the same.
- Also for a wonderful chocolate almond flavor, omit the orange extract and use 1 teaspoons of Almond extract.