no one will believe these are extreme low fat! --- yield 20 brownies/180 calories each/2 grams fat :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl combine 2 cups sugar with flour, 3/4 cup sifted baking cocoa and salt.
- 4Stir in applesauce, egg substitute and vanilla; mix well.
- 5Pour about half batter into prepared baking pan.
- 6In another mixing bowl combine all filling ingredients; beat until smooth.
- 7Drop by tablespoonfuls onto batter.
- 8Spoon the remaining batter over the top; cut through the batter using a knife to swirl through the batter.
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are firm and center is almost set.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11For frosting; in a small bowl combine the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- 12Spread over brownies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Low Fat Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat peanut butter