1/3 Photos of Extreme Lemon Pasta
A very lemony pasta that can be eaten as a main meal with a salad and toasted bread, or as a side dish with chicken or seafood. It's especially delicious served with pan seared shrimp. I counted a tablespooon of lemon juice/zest as the yield from one medium lemon. So the amount can be a little under- or over if you like it really sour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb pasta (linguini or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4-1/2 cup basil leaves, coarsly sliced
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1Boil pasta 'til almost done; remove pan from heat.
- 2In another pan, that the pasta will fit into later, melt the butter and olive oil. Saute minced garlic til fragant but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3Pour the cream into the pan.
- 4Turn heat to med-high. Bring butter and cream to a gentle boil. It may curdle but will smooth out later.
- 5Once boiling, add the lemon juice and zest. Turn down heat to simmer and continue stirring until reduced by almost a third. Remove sauce from heat.
- 6Drain the pasta; pour it into the sauce and gently toss pasta with lemon sauce.
- 7Grate parmesan over top, add the basil, and gently toss again.
- 8To serve, plate the Lemon Pasta and garnish with more parmesan and sprinkle toasted pine nuts over.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Lemon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 262.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g