I came up with this recipe, because it always bothered me how breaded fish is rarely herbed. SO this recipe combines both, herbs and crunchiness :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper (up to you how much)
- 1The fillets are usually big, so if they are start by cutting each in half.
- 2Mix the melted butter with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- 3Mix all the herbs in another bowl.
- 4Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan in a bowl.
- 5Coat the fillet with flour.
- 6Dip the fillet in the butter and lemon juice mixture first.
- 7Then season it with the herbs. DON'T coat it with the herbs, because then you won't taste anything but spice. So with your fingers, sprinkle the herbs onto the fish.
- 8After that dip the fillet into the egg white, coating them.
- 9Then press the fillet in the parmesan and bread crumb mixture.
- 10Repeat for all fillets.
- 11Put the thin strips (or grated) of Mozzarella on top of the fillets.
- 12Place them on a greased cooking tray, and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F .
- 13Broil the fillets for 2 minutes to melt the Mozzarella.
- 14Serve immediately, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Herbed Breaded Red Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 436.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 26.9 g