Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe, because it always bothered me how breaded fish is rarely herbed. SO this recipe combines both, herbs and crunchiness :)
- 2 large red tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper (up to you how much)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like some extra spice)
- The fillets are usually big, so if they are start by cutting each in half.
- Mix the melted butter with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix all the herbs in another bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan in a bowl.
- Coat the fillet with flour.
- Dip the fillet in the butter and lemon juice mixture first.
- Then season it with the herbs. DON'T coat it with the herbs, because then you won't taste anything but spice. So with your fingers, sprinkle the herbs onto the fish.
- After that dip the fillet into the egg white, coating them.
- Then press the fillet in the parmesan and bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat for all fillets.
- Put the thin strips (or grated) of Mozzarella on top of the fillets.
- Place them on a greased cooking tray, and cook for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F .
- Broil the fillets for 2 minutes to melt the Mozzarella.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy.