Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You could also add in a couple small mashed bananas if desired, if you are using syrup in place of brown sugar then use only pancake syrup not maple syrup and add it in with the wet ingredients, servings are only estimated.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 -6 tablespoons brown sugar (or use pancake syrup or white sugar)
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional or to taste)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or use milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the flour with sugar baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl whisk together the buttermilk with half and half or milk, eggs and and melted butter until thoroughly combined; add to the flour mixture and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Add in more brown sugar or syrup to taste if needed (if the batter is too thick add in a little more milk to thin).
- Pour about 1/4-cup onto a pre-heated greased griddle of frypan.
- Cook until the top bubbles then turn over and cook until golden brown (these will cook fast!).