Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I read every Irish cream liqueur recipe on Zaar & elsewhere over the holidays, but none seemed quite the same as a clipping in my memory, misplaced somewhere in a stack of thousands. Eureka...it's now found, and I'm posting it “Quick Like a Bunny” before it eludes me again. I don't think it's any less expensive than buying the real thing, but you'll find it simple, fresh & refreshing...no eggs in sight. Clipped from Bon Appetit's request column many years ago as a house specialty from the restaurant at Atlanta’s World Trade Center. Enjoy it on St. Paddy’s Day, and when the holidays roll 'round again, you can bottle it and delight your friends.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender; blend until coffee crystals dissolve, about one minute.
- Add whipping cream & cream of coconut to mixture and blend 10 seconds.
- Transfer to pitcher, cover & refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Serve over ice, add to coffee or serve over chocolate or coffee ice cream.
- Can be made up to 2 weeks ahead; keep refrigerated.
Yumm ~ Thank you for sharing the best cream liqueur that I've tried! I much prefer it to similar recipes which include raw eggs. I mixed mine up using Canadian whiskey, double the coffee crystals, and just 2 teaspoons good-quality Mexican vanilla. The liqueur tastes really great but strong when sipped straight. It made a lovely drink when mixed (1:1:1 ratio) with eggnog and 2% milk ~ We enjoyed it that way with our cookies on Christmas Eve!