Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This makes a wonderful make-ahead holiday dessert that can be spooned into a prepared graham cracker crust, or into individual 3-inch tart shells lined with a graham cracker crust. I like to use half package each of the cranberry gelatin and the raspberry, it really gives the moussse a great flavor, but that is optional. I suggest to use only Ocean Spray Juice Cocktail and jellied cranberry sauce, I made this with alternative products and the taste was just not as good. If you are using tall thin dessert glasses you should get 7-8 but it will depend on the size of your serving glasses, so yield is only estimated. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup ocean spray cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (3 ounce) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use less) (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup coarsley chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 cups cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed or 2 cups whipped cream
- Cool Whip or whipped cream, for topping
- Prepare tall dessert glasses.
- In a medium saucepan heat the cranberry cocktail until lightly boiling; remove from heat, stir in the cranberry or raspberry gelatin powder with 1/4 cup sugar (if using) mix with a spoon until no graules remain.
- In a large bowl whisk the jellied cranberry sauce until smooth; add in the gelatin mixture and chopped fresh cranberries and whisk until combined.
- Place in refrigerator and chill until the mixture begines to thicken but is not completely set.
- Using a spatula gently mix in the Cool Whip topping or whipped cream to the semi-firm gelatin mixture until combined.
- Spoon the mixture between the serving glasses or prepared pie crust.
- Chill until completely set, then dollup Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.
I made this for a Cranberry night dinner party, and it was very well received...everyone loved it. Smooth, creamy, and not too sweet, and very easy to make.